If money was no object, you could easily spend $5,000 for a pair of handmade pumps or slip-ons from one of the world’s leading shoemakers. Shoes from big name designers and hand crafted footwear will cost many times the price of regular pair of Thom McAn penny loafers or lace-ups from your local K-Mart.
While it is possible to walk into any fancy clothing store and find shoes with prices that will simply stun the average person, there are a few individuals who stand head and shoulders above all the rest when it comes to fine footwear as we cover some of the worlds most expensive shoes.
1. Jimmy Choo – There is no bigger name in the industry than Jimmy Choo. J. Choo Limited was founded by Malaysian-born couture shoe designer Jimmy Choo and Vogue accessories editor Tamara Mellon in 1996, and since then, the company has grown to offer the ultimate in designer footwear. Stars like Cate Blanchett, Hillary Swank and Halle Berry have worn a pair to the Academy Awards and many styles cost over $1,500.
2. Christian Louboutin – Christian Louboutin is a French shoe designer whose footwear has incorporated shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become his signature. Louboutins can sell from $495 and up, with a crystal-encrusted pair costing $6,000. The base price for a custom-made pair of Louboutin is $4,000.
3. Manolo Blahnik – Manuel “Manolo” Blahnik RodrÌguez is a Spanish fashion designer and founder of the self-named, high-end shoe brand. He makes the favorite shoes of fictional Sex And The City character Carrie Bradshaw. She was portrayed as so in love with her “Manolo’s” that she resisted when a mugger demanded her shoes by name. With an emphasis on style and the stiletto heel, one popular model is priced at $4,600.
4. Walter Steiger – Walter Steiger is known for his unique and innovative designs and the company’s creations are considered classics. The brand has been around since 1932 when Steiger used to tailor shoes to an exclusive client list. Today, they work with some of the leading fashion houses and designers, including Calvin Klein, Karl Lagerfeld, Nina Ricci and Oscar de la Renta. Prices range from $500 into the thousands.
5. Miu Miu – Named after owner Miuccia Prada’s nickname, Miu Miu is the favorite shoes of movie stars like Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Lindsay Lohan, Laetitia Casta, Chloe Sevigny and Kirsten Dunst. The brand strives to combine a sophisticated style with a youthful outlook and prices range from $475 to $1500 and up.
There is a saying “that you get what you pay for,” and when it comes to fine handmade and designer footwear, that is obviously the case. Prices are higher than most of us can afford, but these glamorous brands can always be found in the closets of the rich and famous. The rest of us must simply dream of owning a pair of Manolo Blahnik’s or save for months and hope for a year end sale.
Photo Credit: LifeDaily.com
Author: My name is Laura and I love Shoes! I spend all my life trying on designer shoes – working in the fashion industry has its perks! I like to write about all things fashion – I hope you enjoy.