Have you ever imagined exploring Ethiopia with your own private helicopter? Well now you can. Luxury bespoke safari specialists, Extraordinary Journeys, has partnered with Tropic Air, Kenya’s leading helicopter company, to offer an once-in-a-lifetime 8 day helicopter adventure through Ethiopia. This tour allows access to some of Ethiopia’s most scenic and remote locations via private chartered helicopter. Prices for this tour start at $136,550 for 2 people* and are all inclusive upon arrival. Guests who book by December 15, 2013 will receive $5,000 off the cost of the trip.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Private helicopter guide with unrivaled knowledge if the area;
- Travelers exploring by helicopter are able to see much more of the land compared to trips on the ground (see in 8 days what it would take months to see by road);
- Unique regional animals including the gelada baboons, Ethiopian wolfs and walia ibex in the Simien Mountains;
- Visit to the holy city of Lalibela and its famous churches, a UNSECO World Heritage Site;
- Visit active volcanoes and flyover the stunning scenery of Danakali Depression;
- Spontaneous and authentic interactions with local communities you meet along the way.
Prices for this itinerary are as follows. Prices are per trip (not per person) for 2 or 4 people.Total cost for 2 travelers is $136,550 on an all inclusive basis. Total cost for four travelers is $142,000 on an all inclusive basis. Upon arrival in Ethiopia, all meals, drinks, accommodations and activities are included. All trips exclude international flights.