The 1980s were Miami’s most decadent decade, and The Mayfair Hotel & Spa was ground-zero when the global TV phenomenon Miami Vice introduced the world to a whole new Miami destination. 2014 is a big year for both The Mayfair and Miami Vice, their 30th anniversaries.
Legendary Coconut Grove landmark hotel kicks off its yearlong “Miami Vices” special offers and celebrations with an over-the-top New Year’s package rejoicing all the fun and sun that made the 1980s television show so sensational. The hotel has recently completed more than $10 million in extensive renovations, just in time to announce its first “Miami Vices” offering: a New Year’s escape that screams Vice:
- Three nights in a Mayfair Suite with a private terrace, and a Japanese Soaking Tub built for two.
- Need-for-Speed? Step on the gas in your very own vintage Ferrari, and thunder across Biscayne Bay aboard an original Miami Vice Speedboat, just like the speedsters from these Miami Vice scenes.
- You’ll be cast in your take-home commemorative Miami Vice video, for posting on your social media and to share with your friends.
- A historic tour of 1980s Miami Vice locations, and a Miami nightlife tour.
- Time to wind down? A couples’ massage at one of the Mayfair’s rooftop poolside cabanas.
- Flamingo-colored 1980s gift bags, including Ray Ban sunglasses, The Complete Series DVD package of Miami Vice, and soundtrack CDs.
Just as the series took off, so did Miami with sexy images televised worldwide including the nascent South Beach scene, Miami’s waterfront skyline, and many scenes filmed in Coconut Grove. At the same time, a hotel legend also was born amidst much fanfare, The Mayfair Hotel & Spa. The hotel was home to the famous nightclub, Ensign Bitters, and was a Mecca for nightlife, glamour, eighties excess and notoriety.
The New Year’s package starts at $4,000 is subject to availability and to the Mayfair Hotel’s booking terms and conditions. Two week’s advance reservations required. To book your Miami Vices New Years Escape, call our “Vice” specialists at (305) 441-0000.