It’s hard to imagine that not too long ago discerning travelers did not have a luxury accommodation to retreat after a day of exploring Oregon Wine Country’s Willamette Valley, an area renowned for its Pinot Noirs. Opened fall 2009, The Allison Inn & Spa brought Oregon Wine Country to a new level by offering a haven for wine aficionados, with 77 luxury guest rooms and eight spacious suites complete with to-die-for spa-like bathrooms and cozy fireplaces, each with a terrace or balcony.
Awarded the prestigious LEED Gold certification less than a year after opening, The Allison sits on 35 acres of lush hillside and blends so naturally into the beauty of the area it’s as if the resort has always been there. The resort has truly made the Willamette Valley its home with Chef Sunny Jin incorporating Oregon Wine Country Cuisine into the menu of The Allison’s signature restaurant JORY, which boasts an extensive Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” 800-label wine list and more than 40 wines available by the glass. Not to forget, the luxurious and award-winning Allison Spa uses organic and local products. The spa is distinctly known for its “pinotherapy” treatment, a pinot-inspired botanical and biological therapy produced by wine and grape seed extracts derived from the resort’s vineyard.
The Allison joined forces with Domaine Serene Vineyards & Estate, an award-winning winery in the heart of the Willamette Valley, to wrap the best of the region into one package to provide a VIP four-night, five-day getaway in Oregon Wine Country. The Oregon Wine Country Experience starts at $7,100 based on double occupancy, and includes:
- Helicopter tour of The Domaine Serene Vineyards & Estate from the Allison to Domaine Serene’s wine estate in the Dundee Hills. Return trip will be arranged with car and driver.
- A private tour and tasting at Domaine Serene, followed by an exquisite dinner and wine pairing from the world-class award-winning cellar wines
- Lodging in a luxury One-Bedroom Suite with king bed, fireplace and balcony at The Allison Inn & Spa
- Sparkling wine & house-made truffles from The Allison’s Pastry Chef upon arrival
- A 3-course dinner in JORY, featuring Oregon Wine Country Cuisine, with wine pairing selected by the sommelier from the Wine Spectator’s Best of the Award of Excellence 2013 list
- Breakfast for two, either in JORY or through In-Room Dining each morning
- Day three begins with spa treatments at the award-winning Allison Spa
- Complimentary use of the swimming pool and fitness studio during stay
- A six-course dinner at JORY’s Chef’s Table with Wine Pairing of Domaine Serene wines
- The fourth and final day of leisure includes a custom wine tour with the use of a Lexus luxury vehicle, compliments of the Allison
- A complimentary gift box of six select wines from Domaine Serene, inclusive of shipping upon departure
- Other complimentary resort services include valet/over-night parking, Wi-Fi throughout the resort, a welcome basket of local items, morning coffee service in the lobby, etc.
Photo Credits: The Allison Inn & Spa