Audley and Elevate Destinations are making it easy for Americans to visit South Africa and Brazil with tailor-made trips to help them experience the local culture and history based on travelers’ needs. Below are some exotic places you might want to plan a getaway to.
South Africa Tracking Adventure: This 15-day/14-night Elevate Destinations trip offers travelers a chance to participate in The Endangered Wildlife Conservation Project where travelers get directly involved with some of the most exciting endangered and priority species conservation work in the epicenter of Africa. Monitoring endangered animals like the cheetah, African wild dog, black rhino, and priority species with a high ecological impact like the elephant, lion, white rhino, hyena, leopard, and buffalo. Trips starts at $2,500 per person and 5% of the proceeds benefits the local Wildlife Act. Monitoring activities will be comprised of an assortment of the following experiences:
- Tracking endangered and priority wildlife from an open 4×4 vehicle, and locating them via radio or satellite telemetry equipment
- Photographing and creating identity kits of individual animals
- Studying the animals and recording behavioral and feeding patterns for research purposes
- Radio collaring of animals
- Relocation, re-introduction of endangered species
- Notching (identity marking) of animals like rhino and elephant
- Night tracking excursions
- Bird capturing and ringing
Classic South Africa: This 16-day/15-night Audley journey provides a chauffeured itinerary to see the highlights of South Africa’s Cape and Garden Route region, along with a safari experience in the spectacular Kruger National Park. Private transfers are included throughout to allow you to sit back and enjoy the scenery go by. Starting at $4,265 per person, travelers will get to experience Cape Town, Plettenberg Bay, The Klaserie Private Game Reserve, Franschhoek, Oudtshoorn & Surrounds and Swellendam.
- Private car transfers between all locations with your own driver.
- Spending time discovering Cape Town.
- Take in the view from Table Mountain.
- Enjoy South Africa’s world famous wines.
- Discover everything the Garden Route has to offer.
- Track Africa’s Big Five on safari.
Brazil in a Nutshell: Rio, Iguacu Falls and the Amazon: This 10-day/nine-night Audley trip allows travelers to visit three of the most famous areas of Brazil, the Iguacu Falls, the vast Amazon Rainforest and the vibrant city of Rio. Brazil-bound travelers will get to experience the Amazon Eco Park, Rio de Janeiro, Iguacu Falls and Manaus. Trips start at $3,415 per person.
- Listen to the roar and feel the spray of the Iguacu Falls.
- Take a motorized canoe along the Amazon River.
- Visit Sugarloaf Mountain and the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer.
Brazil: Exploring Natural Wonders: While Rio de Janeiro deservedly receives quite a bit of attention; Brazil is an immense country with a wealth of natural wonders to be discovered. This very active 11-day/10-night Elevate Destination itinerary takes travelers on a journey to discover the amazing hikes, waterfalls, caverns, grottos and people around the Bahia region. This trip is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream as they will see completely unique sites unlike anything they’ve visited before. The trip starts at $4,000 per person and 5% of the proceeds benefit the local Cristalino Foundation.